Sunday, October 24, 2010

It doesn't take much to make me happy

As if to make up for last Thursday, when my Wii Netflix account couldn't stream anything (first problem I've ever had with the service), they've added six amazingly good Travel Channel documentaries about the Disney parks.

These nearly-hour-long shows basically serve as sunny PR pieces without a single critical comment, but they're genuinely informative and beautifully filmed. Overall, they're among the most polished and entertaining overviews of the Disney parks I've ever seen, and often contain rare footage, interesting angles, and amazing behind-the-scenes shots: The Disneyland episode includes a fantastic segment on the Indiana Jones computerized ride vehicles, giving viewers a great, close look at them in action on the tracks.

I hope Netflix keeps adding Travel Channel shows to instant streaming; In fact, I wish they'd make "Travel" a separate category. In the meantime, this is a great addition for a rainy afternoon's commercial-free theme park viewing marathon .

No comments: