Tuesday, October 12, 2010

SANTA CAR!

I love Pixar's Cars. Speaking as someone who grew up loving animation and Hot Wheels, the film made me smile from beginning to end. Can't wait for Cars 2 and the 2012 Cars Land at Disney California Adventure.

Last year, a spin-off book called Mater Saves Christmas appeared in stores. I was never able to get a look at a copy; They seemed to sell out everywhere. It did make me wonder about the Cars world, though: How do these guys celebrate Christmas? There are no humans or animals in that universe; Everyone's a vehicle. Ya don't wanna carry that line of thought too far regarding the religious side of the holiday...

But, this year, we finally get a look at a die-cast toy of SANTA CAR!

This is just awesome. Holy cow, it's perfect! Seriously, if you're gonna portray Santa as a car, I defy anyone to come up with a more charming design.

Once again, Pixar makes the world a happier, more whimsical place.

No comments: